- rice noodles
- Chinese chives
- chilli powder
- pad + sen pad thai sauce*
- chicken and/or prawn (optional)
- sweet radish (optional)
(*other pad thai sauces are available, and alternate recipes to create your own pad thai sauce can be found online)
- Soak the noodles in room temperature water for 30 minutes
- Heat the wok at high temperature, coat with oil and fry the tofu and eggs till firm
- Add the chicken and/or prawn if desired, ensuring they are cooked thoroughly
- Throw in the noodles and fry until they turn a light brown
- Pour in the pad thai sauce and add the Chinese chives and beansprouts
- Stir fry at maximum heat
- Plate up and garnish with peanuts, a tablespoon of chilli powder and a wedge of lime.
Southbank Centre Food Market returns on Friday 7 August. Find Pad + Sen, and many other fantastic street food creations from around the world, outside our Royal Festival Hall at the following times.
Fridays: 12noon until 9pm
Saturdays: 11am until 9pm
Sundays: 12noon until 6pm
As a charity, we rely on ticket sales for a huge chunk of our income. But now they’ve stopped. And it's a huge worry to us, and the people we work with. We all need the escape of art and culture; it can inspire and unite us. So please – if you can afford to – consider a donation to the Southbank Centre today, to help us be there for you in the future.